Custodian - Part Time
Performs all types of general custodial work including total floor care responsibilities, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning restroom fixtures, mirrors and other accessories, replaces light bulbs and small fixtures.
High School Education or equivalent required: Ability to employ the latest technological advances in the industry.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Possess a valid class “C” Texas driver’s license.
1. Ability to read, write, and speaks English fluently.
2. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Ability to establish and meet deadlines.
2. Self motivated.
3. Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with supervisors and other personnel.
4. Demonstrate a willingness to perform duties in a team environment.
5. Ability to operate floor buffers and vacuum cleaners
6. Skills coordinating and managing multiple projects and/or assignments
7. Ability to operate vacuum cleaners and floor buffers
8. Ability to operate pressure washers
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 (fifty) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Primarily office environment, this position will require some outdoor grounds cleaning
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Cleans Town facilities at Town Hall, Public Works Service Center, Town House, Community Center and the
expansion of the Library, Animal Shelter, Recreation Center and Public Safety Facility.
2. Collects and empties all trash containers, replaces liners as needed, cleans and polish all common areas, trash
receptacles and removes all trash from the floors to designated dumpster’s.
3. Empty all ashtrays and ash urns, clean and sanitize as required.
4. Vacuum all carpets and damp mop and polish all tile surfaces.
5. Dust mop all resilient and composition floors.
6. Clean, sanitize and polish drinking fountains.
7. Remove fingerprints, dirt smudges, graffiti, etc. from all doors frames, glass partitions, mirrors,
Elevator doors, call buttons, panels and interiors.
8. Clean glasswork, doors, stairwells, dust hand railing.
9. Dust office areas
10. Clean restrooms using various cleaning fluids.
11. Determines and recommends cleaning supplies and equipment needs.
12. Restock restroom supplies and refill soap dispensers as needed.
13. Use various potentially hazardous cleaning fluids.
14. Change light bulbs and restroom fixtures as needed.
15. Sets up tables and chairs in Council Chambers and Council Briefing Room and other Town facilities
for meetings and classes as needed.
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications