Little Elm Alerts
|Title:||GIS Analyst 1|
Under general direction of the GIS Manager, the GIS Analyst develops, maintains and updates various data layers, and databases in the Town’s geographic information system, prepares maps and projects as directed. The candidate must be highly motivated and strive for success by demonstrating Little Elm’s Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation. These values are the foundation of the organization.
- B.S. degree in Geography, Computer Science or related field or related experience.
- 2 years’ minimum experience working with a ESRI Suite ArcGIS 10.x and
- Preferred knowledge of AutoCAD, ArcPad 10 and above, and Trimble GPS unit.
- Experience with SQL Server, Visual Basic and/or Python a plus.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, MVR check, and polygraph test.
- Must possess valid State of Texas Driver’s License.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must be bondable.
- Valid Texas Operator’s Driver’s License
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Skill in effective oral and written communications.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Ability to establish and meet deadlines.
3. Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with supervisor and other personnel.
4. Demonstrate a willingness to perform duties in a team environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to carry out instructions and work independently for field operations.
- Ability to comprehend complex policies, procedures, regulations, organizational structures etc. in a short time frame.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Primarily office environment, but field work to locate assets with GPS is expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and related equipment.
- Conduct research to locate and obtain existing databases.
- Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, required output and assist in developing applications.
- Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, aerial photography, and existing maps.
- Enter new map data through use of digitizing or by coordinate geometry using the principles of cartography.
- Analyze geographic relationships among varying data types.
- Prepare metadata and other documentation.
- Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, software, plotter, GPS and camera.
- Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
- Present information to users and answer questions.
- Archive paper plans/CAD files and manage database.
- Continually updates skills and knowledge to maintain a high level of proficiency in the latest technologies in GIS.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Perform research, compile, and analyze data for special projects and reports as directed by the GIS Manager, along with interacting effectively with town personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.