Facility Maintenance Technician
|Title:||Facility Maintenance Technician|
|Campaign End Date:||05/09/2013|
|Salary Range:||$15.69 to $16.64|
|Hours:||8:00 am to 5:00 pm|
Under general direction of the Facility Manager, performs work in the mid to high-level performance of building maintenance to include the primary fields of electrical; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); carpentry; plumbing; fabricates, installs, maintains, repairs and tests according to engineering specifications; and other tasks as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED and minimum five (5) years experience in the operation and/or maintenance of a building facility or multiple facilities; and trade school or equivalent in HVAC/Refrigeration.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must be bondable.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Universal certificate as a refrigeration technician as required under 40 CFR Part 82, F (section 608).
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials used in electrical/electronic or mechanical, HVAC testing, plumbing, fabrication, repair, landscape, grounds, concrete, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions related to multiple building maintenance operations.
- Ability to locate and identify troubles in appropriate building systems or equipment and to plan and perform necessary repairs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to comprehend complex policies, procedures, regulations, and organizational structures.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds and be able to push and pull up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identifies and corrects building and equipment problems by performing carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and HVAC work to maintain buildings and equipment in safe condition, prevent degradation of property systems, and prevent failures that would cause reduction in service using hand, power, and specialty tools.
- Repairs, modifies, constructs, fabricates, installs, and maintains building structures and equipment (e.g. roof, floors, walls, windows, ceilings, foundations, generators, HVAC equipment, compressors, etc.) to provide safe conditions for employees.
- Ability to work productivity enhancing software including but not limited to: Outlook, Excel, energy management and HVAC diagnostic software.
- Trouble shoots electrical/mechanical assemblies.
- Communicates orally and in writing to notify supervisor of conditions of building and equipment and scheduling dates for repairs, using a computer or telephone.
- May be required to respond to 24-hour emergency calls for to perform emergency building repairs, meet and coordinate with service vendors, or equipment repairs during off-duty hours.
- Performs other maintenance duties assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains, develops and protects assigned Town resources and facilities.
The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications