Little Elm Alerts
|Title:||Creative Marketing and Social Media Specialist|
|Department:||Parks and Recreation|
Under the general direction of the Communications Coordinator, the Creative Marketing and Social Media Specialist is responsible for developing and executing Town and departmental communication initiatives to ensure the professional image of the Town and the Parks and Recreation Department.
This position will lead and direct the design and production of visual and audio materials and media used for advertising, broadcast, and web communications. This includes planning, organizing, and managing marketing programs, website information content, social media, and other marketing related materials. Oversees creation of art, print, photo, video, and layout design. Establishes and implements design and format standards and processes to produce consistent and high-quality results. Selects any outside or contract vendors and approves and coordinates projects. Ensures that project and department milestones and goals are met and adheres to approved budgets. Works closely with the Communications Coordinator.
The Creative Marketing and Social Media Specialist will have an opportunity to work in a community that is one of the fastest growing and most exciting suburbs in the USA. The candidate must be highly motivated and strive for success by demonstrating Little Elm’s Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communication, Public Relations, Business Administration, or related field, and three (3) years of related experience. Social Media strategy experience desired.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must be bondable.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of writing and design principles;
- Knowledge of social media marketing and strategies;
- Knowledge of digital media formats such as web, television and video;
- Knowledge of creative tools, specifically Adobe Creative Cloud and its products
- Knowledge of journalism principles, and proper use of the English language;
- Knowledge of media relations principles and practices;
- Knowledge of marketing principles and practices, and event planning methods;
- Knowledge of municipal government operations;
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
- Knowledge of policy and procedure development practices;
- Knowledge of budgeting principles;
- Knowledge of applicable theories and principles related to area of assignment;
- Knowledge of public relations principles.
- Skilled in video and photo editing
- Skilled in shooting video productions with various equipment:
- Skilled in prioritizing, organizing, and managing multiple simultaneous projects;
- Skilled in preparing clear and concise reports, including oral, written, and audio/visual presentations;
- Skilled in managing and evaluating the work of external contractors;
- Skilled in applying independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness in interpreting and applying guidelines;
- Skilled in developing marketing and communication materials;
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing information and making recommendations based on findings and in support of organizational goals;
- Skilled in delegating and prioritizing work;
- Skilled in developing, evaluating, recommending, and implementing processes and procedures;
- Skilled in adapting to rapidly changing environments;
- Skilled in recognizing problems, identifying alternative solutions, and making appropriate recommendations;
- Skilled in building consensus;
- Skilled in analyzing processes and making recommendations for improvement;
- Skilled in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions;
- Skilled in maintaining sensitive and confidential information;
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing complex information and making recommendations based on findings and in support of organizational goals;
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications;
- Skilled in communicating effectively with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to comprehend complex policies, procedures, regulations, and organizational structures.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds and be able to push and pull up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is typically performed in standard work environment and could include working in an outdoor environment, with potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and produces content for a wide variety of printed and digital communications, which may include: writing copy for print, web and television; designing, editing, and overseeing production of collateral materials; attending project meetings and working as part of a team; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Create, manage, and monitor all social media for the department and Town.
- Consults with staff to create, update, revise and manage web content; perform regular reviews of web site pages to ensure accuracy, timeliness and relevance.
- Works with staff and vendors to oversee production of activity guide.
- Participates in media relations activities, which may include: responding to routine inquiries, drafting, editing, and distributing news releases; serving as back-up to the Public Information Officer; alerting the media of photo opportunities; identifying and communicating newsworthy stories; working on-call during emergencies; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Plans, facilitates, and reviews advertising and public education campaigns for Town departments and Council initiatives.
- Participates in the planning, coordination, execution, and evaluation of major special events; as well as other departmental events.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, teams, and/or other related groups to provide advice and guidance regarding marketing opportunities and options. Also participates in face-to-face communications with community stakeholders.
- Performs a variety of administrative activities in support of departmental operations and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists other divisions as needed.
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.