Accounting and Purchasing Technician
Under the general administrative direction of the Finance Director, this position provides purchasing support to Town employees and departments in a timely manner to facilitate the procurement process. This is accomplished by overseeing and reviewing all Town requisitions and/or purchase orders to insure Town purchasing is in compliance with federal, state and local purchasing policies, guidelines, laws and regulations for procurement of common supplies and equipment as other services, supplies and equipment for one-time acquisition. Makes recommendations and assists with the determination of method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid, or request for proposals or utilization of cooperative purchasing. This position audits and verifies all procurement card transactions for compliance with policies and procedures. Maintains Town policies and procedures in compliance with state and federal laws and makes recommendations for updates, changes or development of internal purchasing policies and procedures. This position works with the Town’s Purchase Card Program (PCARD) and reviews, reconciles and audits each card holder’s monthly statements; resolves issues for card holders and verifies budgetary codes. This position requires the ability to prepare and analyze financial data and reports and maintain effective and efficient systems and procedures and maintain effective working relationships with employees with the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. This position may perform and provide support and assistance in other areas of accounting and budget of a financial nature of the department.
High School Diploma/GED, supplemented by college level course work or vocational training in business administration and accounting principles; prefer Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field; two (2) to three (3) years of responsible experience involving bookkeeping, or accounting work, e.g., receivables, payables, finance, budget and purchasing, preferably with automated systems; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
1. Must be bondable.
2. Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or other professional procurement certification is preferable.
1. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
2. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers both internal and external.
3. Ability to interpret and understand complex purchasing statutes, policies and procedures from all levels of government
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
3. Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with supervisors and other personnel.
4. Demonstrate a willingness to perform duties in a team environment.
5. Knowledge and skill in the use of a computer and the internet
6. Skills coordinating and managing multiple projects and/or assignments.
1. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
2. Ability to make decisions and recommendations timely and present results effectively.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is that of an office whereby the employee may share an office space with a co-worker with the potential of office voice and foot traffic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Reviews all Town requisitions and purchase orders to insure purchasing is in compliance with federal, state and local purchasing policies, guidelines, laws and regulations; reviews all purchases going to Town Council for approval and makes recommendation to the Finance Director regarding budgetary and legal requirements.
2. Makes recommendations and assures compliance with Town-wide purchasing standards for common supplies and equipment
3. Assists with the determination of method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid, or request for proposals; works with departments to create specifications, bidding documents and requirements to vendors.
4. Assists with evaluation of cooperative purchasing agreements for products and services.
5. Prepares and/or reviews bid specifications, request for proposals, and request for qualifications based upon needs of requesting departments.
6. Reviews all Town Contracts and agreements for procurement purposes.
7. Makes recommendations and assures compliance with Town-wide purchasing standards for common supplies and equipment.
8. Maintains and recommends updates as may be required the Town’s Purchasing Policies and Procedures
9. Provides customer support on purchasing issues by communicating with both internal and external customers, resolving purchasing issues, gathering product and service data from vendors, analyzing gathered data and disseminating to Town departments.
10. Serves as purchasing website specialist to post bids, bid results, annual contracts and proposal requests.
11. Maintains current knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding purchasing and procurement.
12. Reconciles on a monthly basis the Town’s Purchase Card Statements to purchases made by card holders which will involve budgetary coding and updating expenses to the General Ledger.
12. Works with finance accounting personnel to track fixed assets and inventory to comply with the Town’s capitalization policies.
13. May assist with technical accounting and budgetary work of the department.
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications