Front Desk Attendant-Recreation Center - Part Time
|Title:||Front Desk Attendant-Recreation Center - Part Time|
|Department:||Parks and Recreation|
|Campaign End Date:||05/08/2013|
|Salary Range:||$10.04 to $10.65|
Under direct supervision of the Recreation & Senior Center Supervisor and related management team, performs customer service duties at the front desk of the Recreation Center. Monitors activities of participants, issues equipment and provides program and membership information to customers.
Must be at least 18 years old and
have six (6) months customer service or public contact experience; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must possess current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications within three weeks from date of employment.
- Must be bondable.
- Valid Texas Drivers License
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a Notary Public License
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and related equipment, hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Town policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of money handling practices and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in monitoring departmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Skill in implementing departmental rule, procedures and objectives.
- Performs CPR, Rescue Breathing and First Aid as needed.
- Reconciles receipts and cash register at end of shift.
- Maintains and updates supply list for assigned area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to comprehend complex policies, procedures, regulations, and organizational structures.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds and be able to push and pull up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Primarily office environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides customer service to all participants in activities and programs at area of assignment.
- Checks-in members and guests into the Recreation Center
- Promptly greet prospective members and directs them for further assistance.
- Responds to inquiries related to programs, services and special events.
- Distributes recreation and fitness equipment to customers.
- Ensures Recreation Center common areas are cleaned and maintained all times.
- Opens and closes facilities according to established policies and procedures.
- Monitors facility activities for participant compliance with health and safety rules.
- Prepares accident and incident reports when indicated.
- Answers and transfers calls in a timely and professional manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned and/or required.
The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications