Library Clerk - Part Time
Under direction of the Circulation Supervisor, the Library Clerk performs all processes involved in the circulation of library materials to include check in and out of materials, shelving and shelf maintenance, and maintenance of patron records. Perform all other support functions as needed.
High School diploma or GED equivalent;
Library or bookstore experience desirable.
Currently enrolled in library or information sciences program desirable.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
1. Must be bondable.
2. Possess a valid Texas Drivers License.
1. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
2. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
3. Ability to speak other languages desirable.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Ability to establish and meet deadlines.
2. Self motivated.
3. Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with supervisors and other personnel.
4. Demonstrate a willingness to perform duties in a team environment.
5. Knowledge and skill in the use of a computer.
6. Skills coordinating and managing multiple projects and/or assignments.
7. Ability to sort items in alphabetical and numerical order and knowledge of Dewey Decimal classification system
8. Must have excellent customer service skills
9. Skills using variety of office machines.
10. Ability to work flexible hours as necessary.
1. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to (25) twenty five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Primarily office environment with space limitations in a fast paced atmosphere.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Operates circulation software.
2. Checks out materials to patrons.
3. Checks in materials, inspects items for damage, routing to appropriate locations.
4. Enters patron information in circulation database.
5. Sorts items and checks condition before reshelving.
6. Reshelves items, maintains library stacks, and straightens library furnishings.
7. Assists the public by telephone, or in person with basic directional questions.
8. Works some evenings and every Saturday.
9. Assists with programs and projects as needed.
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications