Little Elm Alerts
|Title:||Aquatics Attendant - The Cove at the Lakefront|
|Department:||Parks and Recreation|
Under direct supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor or designee, Aquatics Attendants monitor The Cove at the Lakefront™ facility, to ensure overall cleanliness and functionality, creating a well-maintained waterpark environment. This is accomplished through engaging customer service interactions, meeting our established cleanliness standards, completing regular facility checks, enacting the Emergency Action Plan as needed, as well as demonstrating proper enforcement of rules and policies.
This position does not provide direction to other employees. Aquatics Attendants must be highly motivated and strive for success by demonstrating Little Elm’s Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Enforces facility rules and policies promptly and courteously.
- Provides positive, enthusiastic customer service to all customers and participants. Responds to, resolves and/or escalates customer complaints, questions, and suggestions.
- Willing to administer CPR and first aid when appropriate, assists with crowd control, meets emergency services at designated locations, and enacts the Emergency Action Plan as needed.
- Adheres to all written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, and oral instructions.
- Ensures that the pool deck has no obstructions in the walk-way.
- Performs regular facility checks, resolving safety or customer service concerns and/or escalating to the proper supervisor.
- Assists with operation of aquatic features including crowd control and dispatching guests.
- Assists in setting up and breaking down rentals, party rooms, and other aquatic programs.
- Ensures the sanitization of aquatic facilities by disinfecting the pool deck, play features, restrooms, offices, and other areas with appropriate cleaners, sweeping and mopping floors, picking up debris, and gathering lost items.
- Assists with member and guest check-in as requested.
- Promotes facilities, programs, and services when in contact with members and guests.
- Attends required trainings and in-services.
- Assists with implementation of special events; works special events and/or after hour rentals as needed.
- Assists with pre-season and grand opening preparation, cleaning, and implementation.
- Arrives to work for each shift, on time and as scheduled.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Provides back-up support to other areas of the Parks and Recreation Department as needed.
- Must operate under the Town’s four core values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
Must be at least sixteen (16) years old. Some related work experience preferred. Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. Level of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must possess or be able to obtain an American Red Cross CPR/Professional Rescuer w/AED Certification within the first eight (8) weeks of employment. Certification must remain valid for duration of employment.
- American Red Cross Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding (Water ≤ 3’) Certification preferred.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License or transportation to and from work.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Town policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of facility policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Emergency Action Plan policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-worker and customers with respect.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Skilled in oral and written communications.
- Skilled in monitoring departmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Skilled in cleaning thoroughly.
- Skilled in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Skilled in implementing departmental rules, procedures and objectives.
- Skilled in interacting with all age groups.
- Willing to perform CPR, Rescue Breathing, and First Aid as needed.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to comprehend complex policies, procedures, regulations, and organizational structures.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds and be able to push and pull up to seventy-five (75) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Works in an office and indoor/outdoor aquatics atmosphere with potential exposure to heavy chemical presence. The Aquatics Attendant may be exposed to heat, cold, and temperature swings.
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.