Little Elm Alerts
|Title:||Digital Integration Manager|
|Hours:||8 AM - 5 PM|
Under direction of the Assistant Town Manager, this position serves as the Digital Integration Manager (DIM) for the Town. The DIM’s mission is to integrate new hardware, software, consumables and other technologies into fully functional instrumentation platforms that support the Town of Little Elm services (both internal and external). It will include but not limited to: development and test new platforms, internal technical support and training, test method development, failure investigation and troubleshooting, vendor management, project planning, budget and API integrations.
Must be able to communicate effectively and courteously in person, in writing, through e-mail and over the telephone to refer or respond to inquiries appropriately with the public and other town employees. Must be able to take lead of program and projects as assigned. The candidate must be highly motivated and strive for success by demonstrating Little Elm’s Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in Computer Science, Computer Systems Design or related field, preferred
Three (3) to Five (5) years of Technical (software, systems, hardware) personnel management experience
Three (3) to Five (5) years of Technical project management experience (vendor management, project planning, budget, systems integrations)
Five (5) plus years in API Integrations experience for both cloud and on premise platforms and systems
Proven past experience integrating systems (governmental systems preferred), software, hardware, etc. in a manner to reduce maintenance costs and long term support costs.
Knowledge of hosted solutions as well as on premise solutions to ensure 100% up-time for vital operations (police, fire, public works and other mission critical Town Departments)
Knowledge of and has worked in SQL, HTML, JAVA (API’s), JAVA Scripting, C, C++, C-Sharp are all preferred
Demonstrative success with at least two large integration projects
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
1. Must be bondable.
2. Valid Texas Operator Driver’s License
3. IT RELATED CERTIFICATE
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to respond to common and sometimes complex inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with supervisors and other personnel.
- Demonstrate a willingness to perform duties in a team environment, but have the ability to work individually.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of a computer including Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other office-oriented software.
- Skills coordinating and managing multiple projects and/or assignments in a high stress environment.
- Needs to have comprehensive knowledge of office administration principles and practices.
- Judgment is required both in interpreting established policies, goals, and objectives, and in applying concepts, plans, and strategies that may deviate from traditional methods and practices.
- Ability to perform tasks under pressure with short deadlines.
- Ability to type 80 words per minute.
- Use tact and diplomacy with public, and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be entrepreneurial energetic, and imaginative.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of machines, including, but not limited to, personal computers, telephone, calculators, facsimile machine and copiers.
- Data entry and file set-up/maintenance
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience in prioritizing, planning, and scheduling, works independently in the absence of specific instructions or supervision.
- Ability to comprehend complex policies, procedures, regulations, organizational structures etc. in a short time frame.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Primarily office environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the implementation of the Town’s digital strategy by looking at the Town’s various functions in its entirety.
- Lead multiple teams of Town employees through the Town’s digital strategy.
- Manage all aspects of integration projects including planning, project plans, requirement gathering, design, testing, release, support, and team oversight.
- Provide Technical leadership, set best practices, provide high-quality and timely support to end users, provide reporting on productivity and performance, provide forecasting of projects assigned and budget management.
- Research and analyze trends in local government to forecast future changes in practices, processes, and programs; explore and import innovations from other communities for testing where they may be applicable.
- Formulate solutions and provide implementation alternatives to various governmental systems, processes, and delivery models and deliver recommendations to the Town Council, Town Manager’s Office, Departments, and outside agencies.
- Manage all aspects of vendor involvement including but not limited to RFI’s and RFP’s, quotes and budget.
- Work in partnership with other departments to identify, develop, and test civic technologies and projects that advance the Town’s digital strategy.
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.