Little Elm Alerts
|Title:||Recreation Leader - The Cove Front Desk|
|Department:||Parks and Recreation|
|Salary Range:||$13.00 / hour|
Must be able to work a varied schedule to include daytime and evening hours as well as weekends to include rotating Sundays.
**This is a part-time position and is ineligible for benefits.
Under direct supervision of the Recreation Manager or designee, provides outstanding customer service at the areas of assignment. Monitors activities of participants, enforces policies and procedures, handles registrations, and maintains clean and safe environment. Areas of assignment may include Recreation Center Front Desk/Kidzone, The Cove at The Lakefront™, Fitness Area, Senior Center, and Athletics.
The Recreation Leader must be highly motivated and strive for success by demonstrating Little Elm’s Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides customer service to all participants in activities and programs at area of assignment.
- Works varied shifts to include early mornings, days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Provides information of services, processes registrations, and assists with promoting Town activities.
- Enforces facility policies and procedures.
- Promptly greets patrons, checks-in members, and responds to inquiries related to programs, services and special events.
- Distributes appropriate equipment to customers.
- Ensures assigned areas are cleaned and maintained at all times.
- Performs light janitorial duties in areas of assignment.
- Performs basic administrative and front desk tasks including answering phones, printing/copying, filing, and preparing reports.
- Opens and closes facilities according to established policies and procedures.
- Handles cash, reconciles receipts and cash register at end of shift.
- Maintains and updates supply list for assigned area.
- Monitors facility activities and rentals for participant compliance with health and safety rules.
- Prepares accident and incident reports when indicated.
- Works assigned special events and sponsored Town of Little Elm activities which includes operating information tables, set-up/clean-up, monitoring boat ramp, assisting with marketing of Lakefront District and assigned tasks related to special events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and/or required.
- Operates under the Town’s four core values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
ASSIGNMENT: THE COVE AT LAKEFRONT™
- Promptly meets and greets The Cove™ customers, ensures the efficient operation of the front desk area, and provides courteous and efficient service. Maintains friendly customer service in all situations at The Cove™.
- Registers participants in classes and special events, sells and processes member registrations, checks-in members, and books facility rentals in recreation management software.
- Provides information and promotes facilities, programs, and services when in contact with members and guests.
- Enforces The Cove™ facility policies and procedures.
- Monitors The Cove™ activities and rentals for participant compliance with health and safety rules.
- Assists with programming, rentals, special events, and sponsored Town of Little Elm activities, including set up and cleanup.
- Ensures assigned areas are cleaned and maintained at all times. Performs daily inspections of assigned work area and technology systems. Creates work orders and notifies supervisory team as needed.
Must be at least 16 years old and have six (6) months customer service or public contact experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must have the ability to obtain CPR and AED certifications within six months from date of employment.
- Must be bondable.
- Valid Texas Drivers License
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and related equipment, hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Town policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of money handling practices and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in monitoring departmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Skill in implementing departmental rules, procedures and objectives.
- Performs CPR, Rescue Breathing and First Aid as needed (after certification).
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to comprehend complex policies, procedures, regulations, and organizational structures.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds and be able to push and pull up to seventy-five (75) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Primarily office environment. Some outdoor environment with potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
E.O.E. The Town of