Little Elm Alerts
|Salary Range:||$56,154 - $58,421 / yearly (D.O.Q)|
|Hours:||7:30-5:30 M-TH; 7:30-11:30 F|
Under general supervision, performs accounting support relative to assigned areas of responsibility. This position also performs accounting duties including general ledger reconciliations, receipt of cash funds, financial reporting, and record keeping. The candidate must be highly motivated and strive for success by demonstrating Little Elm’s Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation. These values are the foundation of the organization.
Associates degree required, with major course work in accounting or related field and at least two (2) years of accounting experience. Experience in governmental accounting is preferred but not required. Experience and competencies in generally accepted accounting practices and theory.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must possess a valid Texas Drivers License.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to establish and meet strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with supervisors and other personnel.
- Demonstrate a willingness to perform duties in a team environment.
- Above average knowledge and skill in the use of a computer.
- Above average knowledge and demonstrated use of all the Microsoft Office Suite of products including excel, word and power point. Knowledge, skill, and ability to use financial models.
- Skills coordinating and managing multiple projects and/or assignments.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of machines; including, but not limited to, personal computers, telephone, calculators, facsimile machine and copier.
- Skilled in reconciling cash and other related accounts, preparing journal entries, performing mathematical calculations, maintaining records, researching discrepancies, and preparing clear and concise accounting statements and reports.
- Skilled in recording, analyzing, verifying, reconciling, and reporting accounting transactions, communicating effectively with a variety of individuals and applying accounting procedures and principles.
- Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications, entering information into databases and/ or spreadsheets.
- Great attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Comprehensive ability to disseminate information quickly and perform tasks under pressure with short deadlines.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Primarily conducts daily functions in an office environment. Because of the interactive nature of the work, flexibility with the potential of starts and stops in completing work projects may occur.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares and tracks cash receipts along with creating corresponding journal entries according to established accounting standards and procedures.
- Reconciles cash receipts by reviewing transactions, general ledger entries, and preparing adjusting entries.
- Prepares bank reconciliations and conducts research on any discrepancies.
- Reconciles subsidiary ledgers and balance sheet accounts as assigned and work with departments on any discrepancies.
- Assist with routine financial reports for the department, which will include reconciliation analysis and cash reports.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining internal controls and policies for adequate fiscal checks and balances.
- Completes annual audit schedules by reconciling ledgers, submitting information to auditors, answering questions, and researching inquiries.
- Assists with special projects as required by researching, reconciling and entering information.
E.O.E. The Town of