Little Elm Alerts
|Department:||Parks and Recreation|
|Salary Range:||$14 / hour (D.O.Q)|
**This is a part-time position and is ineligible for benefits.
Under direct supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor and related management team, lifeguards monitor The Cove at the Lakefront™ facility, to ensure a safe, well-maintained pool environment. This is accomplished by visually scanning pool areas, identifying distressed swimmers, performing in-water rescues and assists as necessary, administering CPR when appropriate, and providing first aid care to patrons. In addition, this position enforces policies and procedures, performs cleaning and maintenance duties, and provides excellent customer service.
This position does not provide direction to other employees. Lifeguards must be highly motivated and strive for success by demonstrating Little Elm’s Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to meet all American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification prerequisites including: ability to swim 300 yards continuously; tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs; complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point while both hands remain on the 10-pound object, place the object on the pools edge, and exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
- Ensures safety of all patrons and staff throughout the aquatics park by visually scanning all areas. Determines whether participants are in distress, implements Emergency Action Plan, performs in-water rescues or assists, and provides first aid and/or CPR when necessary.
- Enforces facility rules and policies promptly and courteously.
- Responsible for compliance with safety/industry regulations and meeting customer service standards.
- Ensures the sanitization of aquatic facilities by disinfecting the pool deck, play features, restrooms, offices, and other areas with appropriate cleaners, sweeping and mopping designated floors, picking up debris, and gathering lost items.
- Performs light janitorial duties as needed.
- Provides positive, enthusiastic customer service to all customers and participants. Responds to, resolves and/or escalates customer complaints, questions, and suggestions.
- Assists with implementation of special events and works special events and/or afterhours rentals as needed.
- Assists with pre-season and grand opening preparation, cleaning, and implementation.
- May assist with membership and ticket sales, program registrations and implementation, concession operations, and other facility duties as needed.
- May conduct swim lessons if certified as a Water Safety Instructor by the American Red Cross.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must operate under the Town’s four core values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency, and Innovation.
Must be at least fifteen (15) years old. No lifeguarding experience required. Some related work experience preferred. Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines. Level of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Must possess or be able to obtain an American Red Cross Lifeguard and Waterpark and First Aid Certifications within the first four (4) weeks of employment. Certification must remain valid for duration of employment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain an American Red Cross CPR/Professional Rescuer w/AED Certification within the first four (4) weeks of employment. Certification must remain valid for duration of employment.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License or transportation to and from work.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or authorities, or members of the local business community.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Town policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of facility policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Emergency Action Plan (EAP) policies and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in monitoring departmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Skill in implementing departmental rules, procedures and objectives.
- Skill in interacting with all age groups.
- Ability to remain attentive and alert for extended periods.
- Performs CPR, Rescue Breathing and First Aid as needed.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished by management in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to comprehend complex policies, procedures, regulations, and organizational structures.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate various machines and/or equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds and be able to push and pull up to seventy-five (75) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Primarily office environment. Some outdoor environment with potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
E.O.E. The Town of Little Elm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or military service in employment or the provision of services.